Monday 20 March 2017

Trailer Final Cut

One commenter mentioned the drum affect used on the astro turf scene has become distorted when compressed into mp4 format. Therefore I created another sound effect using Garage Band that would not become distorted when the volume is changed or the file is compressed.

In this scene I also put a longer pause in the space between when the music stops and the drum affect happens, this was to add more tension into this scene and to put in more spots in the trailer with no music as suggested for previous drafts.

Despite someone suggested I re-order the clips to have the phone finding scene before the text messages and the poster scenes together, I did not follow this through as I believed this would make the trailer look too narrative when trailers aren't necessarily supposed to be pieced into chronological order.

Others commented that the subtitles needed to be changed. Someone said they needed to be made shorter therefore I changed it from 'what lengths should a friend go to?' to 'what lengths would you go?' but then another commented that the words 'what lengths would you go?' were grammatically incorrect and should be 'what lengths would you go to?'. However, I decided to change the subtitle to 'how far would you go?' instead as this is the subtitle used on the poster which would maintain consistency throughout products.

Other commenters suggested that I put a filter on the scene where the knife is found in the bin as it looked too much like red paint. Therefore I darkened this shot along with the bloodied hand shots so they looked more gritty and realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment