Friday 17 March 2017

Trailer 2nd Draft

Reacting from feedback for my first 'The Missing' trailer, the main problem seemed to be pacing and the idea of speeding up the pace as the trailer goes on. One commenter recommended that I shorten some of the opening scenes, which I have done, including the 'walking down the path' scene as it has a shaking camera and by shortening it I put less attention on how shaky and unprofessional the camera job is.

I also added more faded transitioning around the first third of the trailer in order to slow down the pace and drag the clips out more.

Another commenter recommended that I change the first subtitle to 'what lengths should a friend go to?' to establish the relationship between the protagonist and the victim.

Some of the feedback suggested cutting out the scene of the protagonist lying on the sofa, which I have done as it was not needed.

One commenter showed her appreciation for the parts of the trailer that went silent before the music started, therefore I enhanced this scene with a drum beat sound as the music goes silent in order to build up the tension that was missing in my first draft.

Another commenter told me I dragged some of the clips out too much, more specifically these scenes were the living room scene, bloody hand scene, and the torch under the bed scene. The reason I dragged these out in the first draft was to fill up more trailer time. However for this draft I had more filming footage so had no need to do this and ended up shortening these scenes.

One commenter mentioned that there was no drama in the trailer, therefore I added more dramatic scenes such as finding a knife in the bin and a phone in the bush. I also added in a scene of the missing poster being vandalised and then walked over by the protagonist.

Another commenter recommended that I swap the order of the scenes at the tennis court and put the OTS shot first, then the facial close up, and then put in the shots of the kidnapper. This was so is was made perfectly clear what the protagonist is looking at.

Following the want for more silent moments, I added in a pause in the music at the moment the kidnapper is spotted across the tennis court. This is then followed by a drum noise and base drop to increase the tension before the music starts again with a quicker pace.

Another commenter told me that it doesn't look like the protagonist is doing much other than walking around with a torch. Therefore at the scene where the victim walks down a path and turns round, I then had it fade into a shot of the protagonist looking around for the victim in the same place they disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment