Thursday 2 March 2017

My Film Magazine Pitch

Title Ideas
- Director's Cut
- The Final Cut

I will decide on my magazine name when designing the masthead as I need to know which one will look best on the magazine. I chose these two names as my magazine will be focusing on behind-the-scenes information which this name hints too and it's not as extravagant as 'Empire' or 'Total Film' which is perfect for the genre it's related to.  

Magazine Style

This magazine will be a more formal magazine that features both indie and mainstream films but mainly indie. Like 'Film Comment', it will be a magazine that covers issues and topics within the film industry as well as featuring behind-the-scenes information on both new and old films. Other inspirations for my magazine are Sight & Sound, Film Threat, and Little White Lies. As Psychological Thriller is a very narrowed down genre, this magazine will be one that features films of all genres and not just one.

Target Audience
My target audience for my film magazine will be adults aged 20- 45 which is roughly similar to the target audience of my film. This is a mature audience which will be reflected in the style of my magazine cover in contrast to the flashy and cinematic covers of 'Empire' and 'Total Film'.

Featured Films and Articles
- My own film: The article for my own film will feature a behind-the-scenes look on my film. I chose this rather than an interview with an actor or actress because it suits the genre of magazine more as this magazine is entirely about the film rather than the star (going against Dyer's Star Theory).

- An article on how digitalisation has affected the film industry.

- Films that are going to be release around the same time as my own: As most film magazines write about upcoming films in order to be as exclusive as possible, it's important I include new film too. These are picked out from my research on film release dates and they are chosen based on their genre. The other films I will feature are: The Solutrean, Granite Mountain, Victoria and Abdul, American Made, Blade Runner 2049, The Commuter, Geostorm, and Flatliners.

- Reviews: Films I will review include: Fences, Moonlight, A Cure for Wellness, Nebraska. 

Release and Price

My magazine will be released monthly and cost £3.50. 

No comments:

Post a Comment