Thursday 2 March 2017

New Images Taken for Poster and Magazine


Magazine

This will be the main model for my magazine cover. This is the protagonist of my film wearing the costume she is wearing in the trailer. This shot was taking within the school's drama studio against a black curtain and with professional lighting in order to get a high quality shot. This image will go in front of the background and the top of her head will overlap with the masthead. I kept full control over the colour scheme of this image as well - hoping to maintain black as the primary colour to keep the dark tones of the film.

The model has a mysterious facial expression which goes with the element of mystery in the film. As well as this, she is stood to the side so the cover lines can be easily placed next to her.






This is the background image that will be placed behind the model on the magazine cover. It's a setting within the film and was purposely taken at a late time of day so the lighting would be gloomy and morose. However, I also had to make sure it wasn't too dark as that would have taken away the quality of the image.







Overall I hope to position the images on the magazine similar to this cover. This is a cover for 'Film Comment', one of the magazines I am taking inspiration from. I will mainly take inspiration from this cover and use the idea of having the main image as the protagonist against a background of a setting from the film.








Poster
This will be the main image for my poster. It's a close up of the victim in the film's face. I didn't have so much control over lighting in this image as I will be adding lighting layers on top of it anyway to create a very dark and blue colour scheme. Although the model is wearing a bright orange jumper, this will also be changed during the poster editing. I took this image in a similar style to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo's poster (left) as this film is one of the films I am using for inspiration. The images are similar in terms of facial expression and camera techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment